Powerful Written Communication Skills
Earn 2 CPD Points with this Resource
How can I improve my written communications? What do I need to do to make my written communications more effective? What are effective writing skills? These are enormously valid questions given that creating really effective written communications is not always easy. Trying to convey the true meaning of your thoughts can be challenging. Trying to avoid any misunderstanding on the part of the reader can be particularly difficult. Yet a high level of skills for managers in this area is a must if they are to fulfil their management responsibilities.
This resource covers the reasons for using written communications and the best practices of writing effectively. You will be able to improve your planning and use of different types of structure for written communications given your carefully defined aims. These might include persuading/influencing and/or instructing/informing. You will learn how to use words, sentences and paragraphs for optimum effect.
You will also be able to use the Clarity Index to measure the level of clarity of your written communication and improve it. In order to make ongoing improvements in your skill levels you will, in addition, be able to use a Personal Development Planning Template.
- Being able to use written communications to convey your thoughts clearly and concisely.
- Avoiding reader misunderstandings and the trouble they cause.
- Getting the required response from readers first time.
- Improving your relationships up, across and down through the organisation.
- Building your confidence in the area of using written communication skills effectively.