Earn 2 CPD Points with this Resource
How should I achieve a work/life balance? How can I improve my work/life balance? What is a work/life balance?
It is all too easy for managers to become workaholics to the detriment of their health, their family relationships and their long term career. A healthy work/life balance is essential if a manager is to be productive both at work and in their private life. To some extent this is a matter of self-discipline but it also requires knowledge and skills.
To begin with it is useful to know the degree to which you are achieving a work/life and whether you are content with your current situation. You will be able to do this using a simple questionnaire. Then to make alterations you will be able to follow detailed guidelines on how to change your life-style to achieve a better balance in the areas of;
- Family Relationships
- Physical Health and Fitness
- Leisure and Hobbies
- Social Life
- Personal Development
- Career and Work.
You will be able to prioritise and plan improvements in how you spend your time in these areas to achieve new goals you set yourself. To maintain your development in achieving the work/life balance you desire you will also be able to complete a Personal Planning Document.
- Living a more balanced life for your benefit and the benefit of those that matter to you.
- Reducing the stress you put on yourself and others.
- Improving your health and well-being.
- Reducing the risk of long term sickness and serious illness.
- Providing greater financial security for yourself and your family.