Creative Problem Solving
Earn 1 CPD Point with this Resource
How can I improve my problem-solving skills? What is creative problem-solving? How can I use creative thinking to solve problems?
Being an effective manager involves being an effective problem-solver. In their rush to solve problems the tendency for managers is to try and create solutions without first determining the real problem to be solved and its causes. The result? A solution that does not properly address the problem. No wonder many managers often ask the above questions. This resource brings together a rigorous problem-solving process with creative/innovative thinking skills to create a powerful creative problem-solving approach.
You will be able to use a six step process covering;
- Analysis of the current situation
- Definition of a preferred future situation
- Identification of obstacles to address
- Generation of ideas to overcome obstacles
- Selection and fine tuning of ideas
- Creation of an Action Plan
Included in the six step process you will learn how to use creative/innovative thinking skills as part of your solution seeking process. You will also be able to use a Personal Development Plan to grow your skills in this vitally important area.
- Being able to identify the root cause of problems.
- Using a rigorous process to get the best solutions to problems.
- Incorporating creative/innovative thinking into the process.
- Speeding up the problem-solving process.
- Improving results more quickly.
- Being more effective as a manager